Lost your job…bills to pay…mortgage in question. None of this was your fault, but here you are…struggling to make ends meet. What can you do to raise cash, decrease debt and protect your retirement while waiting for the economy to turn back around?
- High level economic view of the economic situation (0.00- 6:27)
- Implication• of the stock market increases (6:27 – 9:00)
- It’s rainy-day fund time (9:00 – 10:43)
- What is your saving habit? (10:43 – 11:40)
- Making changes to retirement savings (11:40 – 11:50)
- Watch out for companies changing their 401k match (13:50 – 14:15)
- Getting cash out of your home (14:15 – 17:12)
- Pros and cons of HELOCs in an emergency (17:12 – 20:22)
- Hard decisions on spending (20:22 – 21:45)
- 401(k) strategies (21:45 – 23:35)
- Health insurance for laid-off employees (23:35 – 25:10)
- Taking Social Security early (25:10 – 26:05)
- Reverse mortgage for oldsters (26:05 – 27:45)
- Leveraging life insurance…maybe (27:45 – 29:05)
- Advice for small-business owners (29:05. – 31:34)
- Renegotiating with credit card companies (31:34 – 35:16)
- Personal loans from credit cards (35:16 – 36:40)
- The most generous credit cards (36:40 – 37:34)
- Hidden money in your credit card points (37:34- 42:30)
- Forgiveness on mortgages (42:30 – 44:44)
- The importance of calling to ask (44:44 – 45:20)
- What can renters do? (45:20 – 48:20)
- Rethinking your cable, Internet and phone bills (48:20 – 49:58)
- The housing market crystal ball (49:58 –
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, Bankrate.com’s Chief Financial Analyst Greg McBride joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to talk about where to find money without putting your future in jeopardy.
To learn more about Greg McBride and his work, go to Bankrate.com and follow him on Twitter @BankrateGreg.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.https://www.linkedin.com/company/98249/admin/
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.