When you retire, you have two choices—you can count the days until you’re done…or you can go at it with gusto, understanding that thanks to many factors of modern life, older people have the freedom and ability to live active, involved, vibrant lives. Of course, to do that you need to have your finances in order, which is why Adriane Berg wrote her latest book—The Retirement Income Explosion.
Adriane Berg, Esq., is a writer, speaker and a pioneer in the field of longevity and aging. Her firm, Adriane Berg & Associates, helps companies market to the boomer and mature generations. She is author of Bottom Line’s “Aging for Beginners” blog and host of her own syndicated radio show, Generation Bold.
Adrianne’s mission at Generation Bold is to inspire adults to have a “kick-ass old age,” in which they stay active and continue to contribute to the world.
In this episode of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Adriane Berg joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to discuss her newest book, The Retirement Income Explosion, and it’s lessons in financial planning for rich, bold retirement years.
- What is generation bold? (2:55 – 6:15)
- Discussing P.L.A.Y. money (a term from Adriane’s new book) (6:15 – 10:30)
- Budgeting your money (10:30 – 17:50)
- Hints and tips about taking care of your savings (17:50 – 22:10)
- Discussing annuities (22:15 –27:11)
- How to prepare and approach health care in your later years (27:22- 35:00)
- Where to live (35:01 – 41:46
- What role should adult children play in their parents’ finances? (41:55 – 48:00)
You can learn more about Adriane and her work by visiting her website Adrianeberg.me.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.