If you have struggled with weight issues, there’s a good chance that you’re a sugar addict and don’t even know it. Since the 1950s, our sugar consumption has doubled, and four times as many people are obese. And…as people turned to “comfort food” during the pandemic and lockdown, the challenge has gotten greater. Diets won’t fix the problem. Changing your relationship with sugar will.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, author of Breaking Up with Sugar, counselor and founder of the eating disorder treatment center The Beacon Program, Molly Carmel joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to help people determine the roots of their food challenges and the key to overcoming them.
Specific topics covered…
- Sugar addicts have had an especially hard time during the pandemic (0:00 – 3:39)
- Molly’s personal challenges with sugar (3:39 – 9:11)
- Molly tried every diet (9:11 – 10:49)
- When parents use sugar as a reward (10:49 – 15:15)
- The start of biochemical addiction to sugar (15:15 – 19:47)
- People who are obese or have diabetes most vulnerable to COVID and other illness (19:47 – 20:55)
- Even thin people can be addicted to sugar (20:55 – 22:26)
- What are the symptoms of sugar addiction (22:26 – 25:40)
- What’s hidden in your core beliefs about sugar? (25:40 – 29:17)
- The single most important factor in weight-loss success (29:17 – 30:08)
- The vows of weight loss (30:08 – 35:04)
- Our inability to tolerate distress (35:04 – 36:59)
- The difference between a food plan and a diet (36:59 – 44:00)
- The shifted mind-set of an ex-addict (44:00 –
You can follow Molly’s work and book at MollyCarmel.com.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher