If you’re ready for a career change, this podcast is for you. If you dream about about pursuing your passion instead of just a paycheck, this is for you. If you want to make a career change but don’t know where to start, this is for you. If you have an idea for your own business but keep running into roadblocks, this is for you.
In this edition of The Bottom Line Advocator, we break from tradition, and share with you a recording of a panel discussion hosted by Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner with career and personal-development experts Jane Pollak and Nancy Collamer to help people find the courage and the pathways to pursue a career based on their passions.
Nancy Collamer is an author, speaker and recognized expert on semi-retirement. She writes monthly blogs for the PBS site NextAvenue.org and Forbes.com and is author of Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit from Your Passions During Semi-Retirement.
Jane Pollak transformed her art into a thriving, profitable business and has spent decades speaking on the topic of “Strategies for Growing Your Small Business.” Now she guides remarkable individuals on their own journeys toward uncommon success. For more than 20 years, Jane has been guiding people to create passionate business lives that are balanced and truly meaningful.
Specific topics include…
- Janes cast study in her career from passion (3:23-5:11)
- Step 1 to finding your passion (8:30 – 10:34)
- Create a “chuck-it” list (10:35 – 11:25)
- Review your wheel of life (11:25-14:00)
- “What do I want?” (14:00 – 15:53)
- P.A.S.S.I.O.N. defined (15:53 – 19:14)
- Finding your expertise—when are you the “go-to” person? (19:15 – 20:53)
- Should your life stage affect your path? (20:54 – 23:00)
- Websites to help start your passion business on the side (23:00 – 27:00)
- Should you work alone? (27:00 – 29:55)
- Know what to delegate (29:55 – 31:45)
- Test-drive before you jump in full-time (31:45 – 35:20)
- Excuses that hold you back (yup, everyone has then) (35:20 – 42:09)
- What if I fail? (42:09 – 45:27)
- Most common hurdles (45:28 – 46:35)
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher…and share a review.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com!
Find Bottom Line Inc. on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.