Are you forfeiting the big dreams you have for your life? Far too many people let fear hold them back and never achieve the abundance, happiness and sense of purpose that they yearn for. The good news is that there are ways to uncover what’s keeping you stuck and release it so you can finally break free from your limiting beliefs and fears—even the ones that aren’t so obvious to you.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Ray Higdon, entrepreneur, marketing executive and speaker, joins Bottom Line President and CEO Sarah Hiner to discuss how he conquered a multitude of challenges, including childhood abuse, to achieve a life that’s beyond his wildest dreams…and what we all can learn from his journey. He is CEO and founder of the Higdon Group and coauthor of Time, Money, Freedom: 10 Simple Rules to Redefine What’s Possible and Radically Reshape Your Life.
Topics covered include…
- Ray’s childhood abuse and hard knocks as an adult (4:59 – 9:54)
- How Ray overcame a hidden fear of betrayal (9:54 – 18:44)
- The role of nature vs. nurture in conquering your fears (18:44 – 23:07)
- Getting to the root cause of your most powerful fears (23:07 – 29:06)
- The sneaky reason Ray couldn’t remember names and his solution (29:06 – 31:52)
- First steps in overcoming your fears (31:52 – 33:45)
- What would your life be like if fear weren’t holding you back? (33:45 – 38:12)
- How to find the courage to start your “change journey” ( 38:12 – 41:31)
- Facing the challenge of breaking negative ties (41:31 – 43:42)
- How to use “vision stepping” to embark on change ( 43:42 – 47:18)
- Making your goals manageable (47:18 – 48:35)
- Where to start in finding your passion (48:35 – 53:16)
- How to leverage your life experience into your purpose (53:16 – 54:23)
- A simple exercise to conquer your limiting beliefs (54:23 – 57:00)
- The mind-set to adopt to tame your fears about COVID-19 (57:00 – 1:01:23)
You can learn more about Ray’s work at HigdonGroup.com.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.