Thanks to the pandemic, even the best relationships are taking a beating these days. With all the pressures of health worries, financial struggles, home-schooling and 24/7 together time, marriages and partnerships are facing extreme obstacles like never before.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, board-certified psychiatrist and cohost of Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars, Ish Major, MD, joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to talk about the smartest ways to restore the balance, calm and loving feelings we all long for in our intimate relationships.
Topics covered include…
- Pandemic-era “accelerants” for love relationships (3:56 – 6:23)
- Why even stable relationships are now topsy-turvy (6:23 – 8:25)
- The big mistake couples are making (8:25 – 9:01)
- How to deal with incompatible coping mechanisms (9:01 – 10:10)
- The key to communicating well in the midst of COVID-19 (10:10 – 11:26)
- Making space for vulnerability (11:26 – 12:28)
- Dr. Ish’s trick to get someone to open up (12:28 – 13:32)
- The importance of setting expectations (13:32 – 18:29)
- Relationships don’t have to be so complicated (18:29 – 22:26)
- Two things we need to tell our partner (22:26 – 22:59)
- Why we don’t say what we mean (22:59 – 24:47)
- Taking the initiative (24:47 – 26:56)
- When and how to have one-on-one time (26:56 – 32:12)
- What sex really means (32:12 – 35:30)
- Best “sex toy” and intimacy secrets (35:30 – 41:10)
- The real reasons that people cheat (41:10 – 48:37)
- Advice for newlyweds and new relationships (48:37 – 55:22)
- Should you take back a cheater? (55:22 – 61:50)
Learn more about Dr. Ish and his work at DrIshMajor.com.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.