As with all viruses, symptoms of COVID-19 can linger for weeks…even months…after the infection is gone. Symptoms can include aches, foggy head and fatigue. Post-COVID fatigue syndrome does not discriminate between those who had serious cases of COVID and those who had only mild cases—it’s about how your body reacted to the illness. Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum has focused his medical practice and research on treating patients with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, and he says post-COVID fatigue syndrome can be beaten.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, nationally acclaimed integrated practitioner Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to share his secrets to healing from post-COVID fatigue syndrome.
- Resources from Jacob Teitelbaum to help everyone heal (3:55 – 5:45)
- Why post-COVID syndrome is not unique (5:45 – 7:50)
- Who is most vulnerable to post-COVID syndrome? (7:50 – 9:55)
- Identifying post-COVID symptoms (9:55 – 11: 10)
- How long will post-COVID syndrome last? (11:10 – 15:30)
- Check any heart symptoms with your doctor to be safe (15:30 – 17:08)
- Healing remnant lung and heart inflammation (17:08 – 20:15)
- Dr. T’s SHINE Protocol for Fatigue—Step #1 is sleep (20:15 – 23:15)
- Medications can be important to break the cycle of poor sleep (23:15 – 27:21)
- Sleep hygiene is important for post-COVID, but… (27:21 – 27:53)
- Step #2: Hormone balancing—often at the core of post-viral fatigue (27:53 – 29:25)
- Step #3: Clear all secondary Infections, especially candida/yeast overgrowth (most doctors ignore this) (29:25 – 34:36)
- Step #4: Proper nutrition is critical to strengthen the body (34:36 – 42:00)
- Dehydration masquerades as fatigue (42:00 – 45:21)
- Step #5: Exercise is still critical even with fatigue (45:21 – 46:35)
- Healing the lingering brain injury of viruses (46:35 – 48:47)
- Help for brain fog’s unique challenges (48:47 – 50:30)
- Post-COVID syndrome is very treatable (50:30 – 54:12)
- Dr. T’s COVID-Prevention Program (54:12 – 55:27)
To learn more about Dr. Teitelbaum and his work, go to Vitality101.com.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to.